Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Changes






So there has been tons of changes for the Spalinger clan since I last posted. Sammy is now 4 1/2 months old and Leya is 19 1/2 months. They both are growing like a weed and at last count Leya was almost 22 pounds and Sammy, well he was 15 1/2 lbs and 27 1/2 inches long. He is a big boy to say the least.


Today marks the start of the end of a chapter for me - I gave my notice at work today and am preparing for my last 2 days of work. Next Friday is my last day at BPW and my first day as a full time mom. I will be delivering papers while the kids sleep in the morning but then will be able to be with them full time. I am looking forward to it as I am away from them Monday - Wednesday nights between school and handbells and choir so being able to be with them every day and not have to leave them to go to work every other Friday for an entire day will be really nice.


Sammy is really coming into his own. He loves to sit up and stand, can't get him to do more then 5 minutes of tummy time but he will stand for half hours at a time. I totally love him to death. He is recognizing his sister more and more and smiles at her all the time. She gets him to laugh all the time and you can tell they love each other so much already.


Leya is entering terrible twos and in a major way. She has experienced time outs, being scolded and a few taps on the hand but still goes back to the things she is not suppose to go to. She loves running around and recently discovered how to remove her clothes so often when we get her up from naps during the day she is naked. We are going to start to potty train her as we know she is ready, the goal this weekend is to start but most likely it will happen next weekend when Steve is home on Friday and I am home on Saturday. She is growing up so fast and is so cute. She loves to hold her brother and hates it when other people hold him or when you take him away from her. We were playing at her friends house and her friend wanted to hold Sammy which was fine as she is about to become a big sister herself but Leya did not like it one bit, she threw a complete fit and was not happy. I am not sure if I want to take comfort in that or not, am I happy that Leya is so protective of her brother but at the same time I wonder what is going to happen in the fall when they both are in day care.


Well, it is late and I am sure Sammy will be up soon. I will try to post more this weekend.

No comments: