Saturday, January 18, 2014

Finally A New Post

Well, I keep saying I am going to post an update and then I don't. Today that is going to change. I have been working on pictures from our latest trip to SeaWorld so get ready to see some slideshows! Our family loves going to SeaWorld and we are so glad we bought annual passes this past year as we have already gone twice and might be going a third time before they expire.

A quick update as to where everyone is at.

Steve celebrated 3 years of sobriety this past December and is involved in AA in leadership roles. He also has taken on an active role in the sound ministry at Oaks Bible Church and gives up his lunch every Friday to be on lunch duty at the kids school. On top of all of that he was a ref for both of the kids soccer teams and last spring coached Leya's softball team. He is hoping to coach again this spring. He is very involved in the kids activities and loves planning fun things for our family to do.

Leya started 2nd grade this year! I can't believe how big she has gotten and how far she has come. She is a star on the soccer field and on the softball diamond. She is very active and is constantly moving. She has ended up with my jaw though and this past fall had to have both an upper and lower rapid pallet expander put in. She tolerates us turning her but can't wait to be done (just another week or so) and then it is onto phase 2 of braces. With the expanding of her jaws her teeth are coming in fast and the tooth fairy visits often! She is our little athlete and plays rough! It has been such a blessing and joy being able to watch her grow into this amazing child of God.

Sammy started Kindergarten this year and is doing really well. We hear all the time how sweet of a kid he is and he actually has received "Patriot Of The Week" award for being so sweet and kind and friendly. He played soccer again this past fall and has improved ten fold. He is looking forward to playing again next year and having Mom coach him. He has gotten plugged into Awana and loves it and looks forward to going every week. He is really coming into his own and it is such a blessing to watch him do that.

Patricia, well, that's me! It has been crazy busy with the kids but I am still loving being a stay at home mom. I finally am in the home stretch with my work injury and should be going back to some kind of work in the next few months. This past fall I was able to coach Leya's soccer team along with another mom who quickly became a good friend. The girls did really well and Liz and I are looking forward to working together again next year and hopefully having our girls make All Stars. I was also team mom for Sammy's team and that was fun for me. I am looking forward to expanding that though for next fall and taking on helping coach his team next year.

Well, that's about it. We are all enjoying the nice weather we have had here of late in Santa Barbara and are blessed beyond belief at all that God has blessed us with. I'm going to go finish putting those clips together and get them posted so watch out - you are about to video clipped spammed!

No comments: